COVID-19 Protocol Was Immediately Activated Following An Employee Testing Positive, Wednesday, November 25th.
The Library will be closed from November 25 through December 4th to allow for staff to be tested, the building to be sanitized, and cleaned.
Library staff will work from home until the library reopens for Curbside and Appointment only services on Monday, December 7, 2020 to ensure we are able to continue providing services to the community. Library staff will not be permitted to return to the library until they have been evaluated for exposure.
Patrons that visited the Library in the past ten days and are concerned about possible exposure are encouraged to get tested. For testing information visit Trenton Health Team page online https://trentonhealthteam.org/covidtests/ or call 609-256-4555.
Should you have any further concerns please contact the Library Director, Rebecca FrancoMartin, by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The principal purpose of this policy is to establish protocol regarding library rules, regulations, and services in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Trenton Free Public Library has implemented temporary measures that comply with county, state, and federal, emergency health and safety directives. These guidelines will allow the library to continue providing services to the public that are feasible and practical while ensuring the health and safety of staff and patrons.
Health & Safety Measures
- Access to the library may be limited and public access to resources services, programs, and spaces reduced or modified and or the building may be subject to closure.
- To ensure a safe, healthy environment for staff and patrons we have implemented reasonable safety measures that include but are not limited to:
- Patrons over the age of 2 are required to wear a mask or face covering for the entirety of your visit in the building.
- Hand sanitizer is available and patrons are encouraged to sanitize their hands upon entering the building.
- Observation of physical distancing measures in the building and on library premises, when practical.
- Eating and drinking are not permitted in the building at this time.
- Other practices or procedures that may be recommended or required by governmental agencies, such as the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH), the Public Employees Occupational Safety and Health (PEOSH) or Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Library Services Changes/Restrictions
- Access to patron support, accounts, and resources will be provided when practicable through electronic, digital, or other means.
- Library materials are currently fine free until further notice; except for Wifi hotspots.
- Materials should be returned to our outdoor book drop and will then be quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours.
- Meeting rooms and study cubicles are not available for reservation.
- Community organizations that wish to partner with the library for virtual programs should contact Community Outreach Librarian, Natasha Mikulich at (609) 392-7188.
- Curbside Services are available Monday-Thursday 10am-5pm and Friday 10am-4pm for materials pickup, fax, scans, and copies. See our Curbside & Appointment Services Policy below.
- Computers and Notary Services are available by appointment. See our Curbside & Appointment Services Policy below.
- Digital services will continue to be available on our website at www.trentonlib.org
Programming, Meeting Spaces, and Group Reservations
- Virtual programming will continue. Please see our online calendar at www.trentonlib.org
- Limited in person programming will be held outdoors in our garden with social distancing guidelines in place and masks or face coverings are required to be worn.
- Meeting Rooms and Study Cubicles will not be available for reservation at this time.
- Small groups of 6 or less that need to visit the library to obtain materials should call the department they need to visit for a reservation, (609) 392-7188 and expect the length of their visit to be limited.
- Community organizations that wish to partner with the library for virtual programs should contact the Community Outreach Librarian, Natasha Mikulich at (609) 392-7188.
Library Cards/Fines & Fees
- Patrons may obtain or use an E-Library Card through August 31, 2021.
- Fines and fees, with the exception of Wifi hotspots beginning July 1, will be waived until further notice.
- Patrons may apply for a library card in person or make updates to their account in person.
- In an abundance of caution the library will not take any book donations at this time.
To establish protocol to ensure the health and safety of our patrons and staff while they enjoy the beautiful Community Garden, weather permitting.
Rules & Regulations
- The garden will be open Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm, weather permitting.
- The library reserves the right to limit access when the garden is needed for library programming.
- Social distancing guidelines must be observed and a mask or face covering is required.
- Occupancy is limited to 16 patrons and 2 staff.
- Food and drink is allowed in the garden and masks may be removed for the purpose of eating or drinking.
- There is no smoking, alcohol, or drugs permitted in the garden.
- All library rules and regulations in place for indoor library space are to be observed in the garden as well.
- Patrons may access Wi-Fi in the garden space.
- No climbing, running, or jumping is permitted in the garden.
- Patrons not observing the rules & regulations in this space will be asked to leave.
Providing services to our community during these unprecedented times remains a top priority, as does the health and safety of the public and staff. In an abundance of caution, due to rapidly rising cases of COVID-19, and increasing mandates by local and state officials, the library will remain operational with modified services and limited access to the building by the public. Curbside service will be available for materials pickup, prints, scans, fax, and copies. Computers, Notary Services, and Trentoniana Room will be available in person, by appointment only. Access to digital services and virtual programming will remain available through our website: www.trentonlib.org.
CURBSIDE SERVICE POLICY
*Patrons are required to wear a mask or face covering when picking up curbside requests in person or by vehicle.
Materials Pickup (Books, CDs, DVDs, AudioBooks/Playaways)
- Requests may be placed by calling (609) 392-7188 Ext. 10 for Adult Services and Ext. 32 for Youth Services (children & teens), or by placing a hold through the library catalog on our webpage www.trentonlib.org. (Click here for Youth Services Curbside Policy).
- When placing a hold by phone patrons will be required to provide their date of birth and last four numbers of their library card.
- A total of 5 items may be checked out per card. Parents and guardians may place orders on multiple cards for children to be picked up together.
- Patrons calling to place a hold will be provided a pickup time.
- Patrons placing a hold online will receive a call to schedule a pickup time.
- Pickup appointments will be made between the hours of 10am-5pm, Monday-Thursday and 10am-4pm Friday.
- Requests will be labeled for pickup with patron’s full name.
- When arriving for pickup patrons should call (609) 392-7188 Ext. 10 to let staff know they have arrived, and their request will be brought out.
- Patrons that wish to return materials may do so when picking up requests. Returns should be placed in the book drop at the curb for walkup request or in the shopping cart provided by staff when bringing requests to your vehicle.
- Note: DVDs may now be checked out for 2 weeks. Fines are suspended until further notice (with the exception of WiFi hotspots as of July 1, 2020).
- Requests may be made by phone (609) 392-7188 Ext. 34 or by email email@example.com.
- Once the request has been filled patrons will receive a call to set up a pickup time.
- Pickup appointments will be made between the hours of 10am-5pm, Monday-Thursday and 10am-4pm, Friday.
- Requests will be labeled for pickup with the patron’s full name and photo ID will be required for pickup.
- When arriving for pickup by car, patrons should call 609-392-7188 Ext. 10 and your request will be brought out.
- This service will be cash only.
- Prints: 20 cents per page (B&W) / 50 cents (color)
Scans, Faxes, and Copies Walkup Services
- No appointment is necessary for these services.
- Patrons may walkup to request service and wait outside the building while the request is filled.
- If an item also needs to be printed an email should be sent and “Prints Curbside” instructions should be followed.
- These services will be cash only.
- Fax: $1 for the first page and 50 cents for each additional page
- Scans: No Charge
- Copies: 10 cents per page (B&W) / 50 cents (color)
APPOINTMENT SERVICES POLICY
*Patrons are required to wear a mask or face covering when entering the building.
- Use of computers in the building is limited and will be available by appointment only.
- Appointments will be available Monday-Thursday 9am-4pm and Friday 9am-3pm.
- Computers will be rotated and sanitized between each session.
- Patrons will be provided hand sanitizer or a sanitizing wipe for hands prior to the start of their session.
- Appointments for computer usage are for the sole purpose of using the computer. (Click here for Children’s Room Computer Policy).
- Browsing, checkout of books, and other materials are not permitted. See Curbside Service Policy above).
- To request an appointment visit www.trentonlib.org or call 609-392-7188 Ext.10.
- Walkup patrons may make an appointment, subject to availability through our online reservation system at the main entrance.
- Computer usage is limited to one hour with one 15 – minute extension by request. No additional extensions will be granted.
- Appointments begin promptly at the scheduled time and will not be adjusted for late arrivals.
- Try to arrive a few minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to allow time to check-in.
- Computer assistance will be limited and provided at the discretion of staff for health and safety reasons.
Notary Public Services
- Notary Public Services will be provided by appointment only.
- To request an appointment call 609-392-7188 Ext. 34 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trentoniana resources may be accessed by appointment only.
- To request an appointment call 609-392-7188 Ext. 20 or email: email@example.com with your completed research inquiry form.
- Microfilm may be accessed by appointment only.
- To request an appointment call 609-392-7188 Ext. 34 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.