To establish protocol regarding library rules, regulations, and services during a pandemic. During a pandemic the guidelines established in this policy will supersede all other library rules, regulations, and typical services normally in place.
Health & Safety Rules & Regulations
- Patrons are required to wear a mask upon entering the building and for the entirety of their stay.
- Patrons not observing library policy will be asked to leave for the day.
- It is highly suggested patrons use hand sanitizer stations when entering and exiting the building.
- Social distancing guidelines are to be observed while on library premises or in the building.
- There will be no eating or drinking in the library at this time.
- Patrons will need a key to enter public restrooms that may be retrieved from the first floor service desk. This is to ensure restrooms are sanitized as needed.
- Entrance to the library and its spaces will be limited to the current 25% occupancy mandate.
- Patrons that are exhibiting signs of COVID-19 should not visit the library.
- All materials returned will be quarantined for 72 hours.
- Staff will wear gloves, a mask or face covering, and the library will be sanitized throughout the day with high traffic areas sanitized frequently.
Library Services Changes/Restrictions
- Library hours will remain reduced until state mandates are lifted and approval is given to return to all services without restriction.
- Materials should be returned to our outdoor book drop.
- Please keep your visit short, aim for 20 minutes unless using the computer.
- Total occupancy in the library remain at 25% during this time, as follows:
- Children’s Room occupancy will be limited to 16 patrons plus 2 staff members including those using computers.
- They Young Adult and Adult space on the first floor will remain at 16 patrons plus 2 staff members, including those using computers.
- Community Room A will remain open to the public with very limited seating, 6 patrons only seated at tables.
- Poetry Café will remain open with 4 seats.
- The Reading Room balconies will remain closed, there will be seating for 8 on the main reading room floor, and ten patrons may browse the collection.
- Reference Room will be limited to 14 patrons and 2 staff members, including those utilizing computers.
- Adult Computer Room will have 4 seats available for computer use.
- Trentoniana will be by appointment only by calling (609) 392-7188 Ext. 20 and appointments will be for one hour only.
- Fax, scan, copy, and print services be self-serve and instructions will be posted to assist patrons.
- Computers should be reserved in advance due to limited access with social guidelines in place. Patrons should call (609) 392-7188 Ext. 34 for Adult PCs, Ext. 10 for Young Adult PCs, and Ext. 32 for Children’s PCs.
- Computer reservations will be limited to one hour.
- Curbside Service will remain available during this time between the hours of 12 pm to 6 pm on Monday and 10 am to 4 pm Tuesday through Friday. Please see our Curbside policy.
- The Community Garden will be open to the public with social distancing being observed and a mask or face covering is required. Please see our Community Garden Pandemic Policy below.
- Digital services will continue to be available on our website at www.trentonlib.org
Programming, Meeting Spaces, and Group Reservations
- Virtual programming will continue. Please see our online calendar at www.trentonlib.org
- Limited in person programming will be held outdoors in our garden with social distancing guidelines in place and masks or face coverings are required to be worn.
- Meeting Rooms and Study Cubicles will not be available for reservation at this time.
- Small groups of 6 or less that need to visit the library to obtain materials should call the department they need to visit for a reservation, (609) 392-7188 and expect the length of their visit to be limited.
- Community organizations that wish to partner with the library for virtual programs should contact the Community Outreach Librarian, Natasha Mikulich at (609) 392-7188.
Library Cards/Fines & Fees
- Patrons may obtain or use an E-Library Card through August 31, 2020.
- Fines and fees, with the exception of Wifi hotspots beginning July 1, will be waived until further notice.
- Patrons may apply for a library card in person or make updates to their account in person.
- In an abundance of caution the library will not take any book donations at this time.
To establish protocol to ensure the health and safety of our patrons and staff while they enjoy the beautiful Community Garden, weather permitting.
Rules & Regulations
- The garden will be open between the hours of 11:15 am and 6:30 pm on Monday and 9:15 am and 4:30 pm Tuesday through Friday, weather permitting.
- The library reserves the right to limit access when the garden is needed for library programming.
- Social distancing guidelines must be observed and a mask or face covering is required.
- Occupancy is limited to 16 patrons and 2 staff.
- Food and drink is allowed in the garden and masks may be removed for the purpose of eating or drinking.
- There is no smoking, alcohol, or drugs permitted in the garden.
- All library rules and regulations in place for indoor library space are to be observed in the garden as well.
- Patrons may access Wifi in the garden space.
- No climbing, running, or jumping is permitted in the garden.
- Patrons not observing the rules & regulations in this space will be asked to leave.
Throughout NJ Stage 2 Reopening, the library will be providing services curbside to provide patrons access to physical materials, prints, scans, copies, and fax. These services will be provided on a limited schedule during the hours of 12 pm to 6 pm on Monday and 10 am to 4 pm Tuesday through Friday, until further notice. Library hours will remain 11 am to 7 pm Monday and 9 am to 5 pm, Tuesday through Friday to allow staff time to prepare curbside requests.
Materials Pickup (Books, CDs, DVDs, AudioBooks/Playaways)
- Requests may be placed by calling (609) 392-7188 Ext. 10 or by placing a hold through the library catalog on our webpage www.trentonlib.org
- When placing a hold by phone patrons will be required to provide their date of birth and last four numbers of their library card.
- A total of 5 items may be checked out per card. Parents and guardians may place orders on multiple cards for children to be picked up together.
- Patrons calling to place a hold will be provided a pickup time.
- Patrons placing a hold online will receive a call to schedule a pickup time, based on their preferred method of contact on record.
- Pickup appointments will be made between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm.
- Requests will be labeled for pickup with patron’s full name.
- When arriving for pickup patrons should call (609) 392-7188 Ext. 10 to let staff know they have arrived and their request will be brought out.
- Patrons that wish to return materials may do so when picking up requests. If arriving as a walkup please use one of the book drops curbside. If arriving by car please wait for staff to bring your request out and place returns in the shopping cart provided.